TR contrib



 Latest contributions 
other volunteering opportunities 
The Weather at your destination
Container ship travel
RSS Feed for latest articles

Insurance, Health and Safety

For general travel insurance advice, see the Association of British Insurers notes on holiday insurance and motoring abroad and search ‘travel insurance’
If you are likely to be out of UK more than twice a year it probably pays to have annual cover.
   Over 65, it may be necessary to shop around for specialist insurers. Some banks will insure older travellers as part of current account packages.

See Just Travel Cover, particularly if you are looking for 'no age limit' insurance and/or cover for pre- existing medical conditions.

Age UK travel insurance offer cover for over 60s  -  and 70s and 80s!
 Royal Bank of Scotland Select Platinum and Black accounts have no age limit for worldwide travel,(but £50 annual charge over 70 with Select Platimum).
LloydsTSB cover customers of packaged accounts up to 80.
See also who specialize in insurance for over 50s.
Or try a comparison site for over 70s travel insurance.
A European Health Insurance Card (‘EHIC’) can save you money on health insurance within Europe.     Some insurance companies require you to have an EHIC, and in some cases the excess charge will be waived if an EHIC has been used. The EHIC has replaced the old E111 form, and entitles you to free or reduced state medical treatment in EEC plus Iceland, Norway and Switzerland.
See Health Advice for Travellers : Dpt of Health
Health precautions;   see Health Advice for Travellers
For travel health information for travellers from UK see:

Check the reviews of other travellers on your chosen hotel: